Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Photo Blog : Odds and Ends


I am not an avid blog reader, so I found it necessary to google "popular blogs" for this assignment. Along the way, I came across a blog called Odds and Ends, which can be classified as a photo blog, which differs from a typical blog through the predominant use of and focus on photographs rather than text. It is primarily used by, you guessed it, photographers, often with information about how, when the photograph was taken. I’d say that photoblogs are inherently visually appealing because photos evoke emotion visually and often faster than reading text.


The URL for the blog is as follows :

http://odds-and-ends.net/photolog/


The first screenshot below show how the blog posts are selected by image instead of a text title, which I guess wouldn’t work for all blog topics, but since this is blog of this person’s daily adventures, thoughts and feelings, it works.

One thing I noticed though was that the photos in this blog served to set the mood for the blogger's daily rants,which I thought was clever and funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment